Saturday, February 21, 2009

Reason #1: At Least You Have Your Health

With the economy on the decline, jobs being lost, and the "Octuplet mom" and "Jessica Simpson's Recent Weight Gain" being the top headliners these days, times are looking gloomy. Fortunately for all those in despair, please be grateful that at least you have your health! Health and wellness has been a passion of mine that unfortunately is not directly utilized in my banking profession. I feel I spend a lot of time focusing on the wealthy when Id rather focus on the healthy! I have been delving into the idea of starting a "wellness" blog for the following reasons:

- It will be informative to myself as well as those interested in reading it.
- It will be a starting point to fulfilling a passion (writing for a wellness magazine)
- Im a health junkie (oxymoron?), and I read everything I can get my hands on in this subject.
- It will encourage me to cook - Im planning on posting a delicious, healthy recipe that I tried out weekly!

Health and wellness to me, incorporates nutrition and exercise, but also incorporates emotional being, relationships, and spirit, and I hope to cover all these areas in future blogs. Happy reading!

Personal Mantra:
Be compassionate. Live with intention. Continue to learn. Take chances. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Appreciate your family and friends. Dwell in possibility. Dance. Do what you love. Live your life.

Enjoy One Million Gillian Reasons to Live Well!
Technorati Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment